Friday, February 29, 2008

Blog Number 16
February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Year!!!!

This has been a very good, busy week!! Monday I was home from school early, and Partey and I took a walk into Osu, Tuesday I was home early but then a teacher came and picked me up from my house and we went out for a drink at a close outside bar! Wednesday I didn’t get home from school until 8:30-9:00. There was a PTA meeting that all the teachers have to attend and that Sr. Introduced me to the over 200 people who came to the meeting. Thursday school closed at 1:00pm so that all of the teachers could attend a requiem mass at the cathedral for all of the teachers of private schools. I did not attend the mass because Auntie Agnes and I were going to go shopping for some souvenirs, however she got stuck doing some errands and we didn’t end up going. It was perfectly fine because I had a great chance to nap!!! Once Auntie Agnes got home it was too late to go, so instead we had a cooking lesson. Auntie Agnes is teaching me how to cook many of the foods that she has prepared for me over the past 9 weeks, so that I won’t miss them. She is also telling me about the substitutions that I can make-if I have a hard time finding it in the US-so that it will still taste about the same. Last night I learned how to make the gravy, which they end up adding to many of the foods that they cook. It is extremely nutritious, only onions, tomatoes and spices. That is it! No sugar, no added fats, just all natural. And it is SOOO delicious!! However, it took us about an hour and a half just to cook this sauce. So now I have a much greater appreciation for all of the cooking that Auntie Agnes has been doing for me. She has taken so much time an and I have always appreciated it, but now I appreciate it even more!!
I have been doing a lot of marking this week to make sure that I have everything all set for Bright after I leave. Also, we have parent-teacher conferences next week and we need everything set for them.
This weekend my cooperating teacher, and a bunch of the other people that I have been spending time with, will be spending the weekend watching movies and hanging out at his house. I am also getting my hair braided tomorrow morning so that when my mom arrives on Monday night next week I will be looking very Ghanaian.

Hope the snow has finally stopped falling!

See you soon
☺ Chelsea ☺

No comments: